The Mission of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences is to provide medical examiner and crime laboratory services of the highest quality in an unbiased manner with uncompromised integrity.
- To provide consistent, quality death investigation and laboratory analysis for the benefit of the entire community.
- To create a technological strongpoint for legal agencies to facilitate justice in criminal and civil proceedings.
- To establish an academic environment for training in the field of Forensic Science.
The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences is a member institution of the
Texas Medical Center since 1983.
Our Quality Policy
Quality of services is central to the agency's mission, and as such, the purpose of the Institute's Quality Management System is to ensure that services provided by the Institute are valid, safe, reliable and of high quality.
The Institute's management team is committed to the following:
- Provision of reliable results and services that meet customer expectations with uncompromised integrity.
- Use of Industry-accepted professional practice.
- Compliance with applicable legal, county, safety and accreditation requirements, including international standards for quality management systems.
- Dissemination to all personnel of up-to-date information on policies and procedures as they relate to quality and examinations.
- Continuous development of the management system.