A PDF of an autopsy report can be emailed at no charge to a requestor that does not require a certified copy.
There is a $0.10 per page fee for a printed, certified copy of an autopsy report. You are asked not to provide payment until you are notified that the report is complete and ready.
Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card.
The following guidelines have been established by the Institute for the acceptance of credit cards:
- Personal credit card information will not be accepted over the phone, by email, or by fax.
- Acceptable Cards:
- Discover, Master Card, Visa, and American Express
- Business or corporate credit cards with the name of the authorized user imprinted on the card. If the credit card does not have the presenting authorized user's name imprinted on the card, a list of authorized users printed on the cardholder company's letterhead or a written agreement between the Institute of Forensic Sciences and the cardholder company kept on file with the Institute must be supplied.
- Non-Acceptable Cards:
- Bank debit-only cards, unless they can be processed as a credit card without using a PIN
- Cards labeled "Gift Card," "Stored Value Card," or cards with a specified dollar amount on the face or with a statement that the card is non-reloadable are not accepted as a form of payment.
- There is no charge to a customer for using a credit card.
- There is no minimum sale amount for using a credit card.
- State-issued photo identification is required for all transactions using a personal credit card.
- Credit card information will not be stored or kept on file for anyone.