If you enjoy working in a challenging and rewarding environment, the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences is the place to grow in your career. Our employees are challenged to learn, nurture and explore new ideas, new methods and new technologies.
How to Apply
Visit the Harris County Office of Human Resource and Risk Management Careers page to view available employment opportunities throughout Harris County and submit your application online.
Help and additional information for using Harris County's online application process is in the
- From the Careers Page, select Available Job Opportunities
- Search for positions based on category, location or department
- To search for all positions available at the Institute, select “Institute of Forensic Sciences” from the Department menu
- Once your selections are made, click
- Positions matching the criteria you selected will appear at the bottom of the page
- Click the position title to view the Position Description and Requirements
Tips for Using the Harris County Online Application System
- The application log-in will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- The application must be filled out in its entirety. A résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) may accompany the application; however, it is not a substitute for the completed application. Consideration for any position is based on information provided in the application
- Certain positions may require pre-employment testing; this will be outlined on the Job Postings
- Some positions may require proof of education. An official certified original copy of your college transcript will be required prior to any job offer made. To expedite this process, attach a photocopy of the complete transcript to your job application.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
- Upon receiving a conditional offer of employment, all applicants will be screened for the presence of illegal drugs.
Applicant Frequently Asked Questions and Answers